Friday, April 13, 2012

Conference Week Preparation

For the longest time, I did a bunch of gathering of evidence for my students for conference week, but never really felt like I had a good tool to use to guide the conference nor to help the parents. I typically had a notepad and a pen set at the place I designated for the parent to sit, but very few of them wrote anything. I saw a need and therein was born this tool. I developed this tool to meet both my needs and as a take-away for parents. I still gather the appropriate evidence I need, but I fill out this form and make a copy for the parents to be able to follow-up at home with what was discussed. Each year, I revisit it and see which areas need revision (the newest revision incorporates a behavior list from our first grade team-- serious behavior challenges in my room this year).

  



No comments:

Post a Comment